Hello friends 🙂
Today’s craft is really a very easy one. This one is also a craft made from waste. I told you, I am so addicted to reusing waste materials. Inspired from me my brother started collecting empty lead boxes from his friends and compelled me to do something with those small boxes. Since i didn’t think of any ideas he himself came up with this simple and creative idea of making pen stand with them 🙂
Yeah the only thing we will need to make this pen stand is empty lead boxes. (No, Not that lead ! ). These are the small boxes in which we get pencil leads. Ok look at the picture for better understanding.
Things required :
Pretty simple requirements 🙂 Ok now we will start with the work.
- First step is to collect empty lead boxes. This step may take a looong time. [ Thanks to my bro 🙂 He collected it from his friends, So that became easy for me ]
- Now comes the messy step. Cleaning all the stickers on the sides of the boxes. My suggestion is to soak all the boxes in water for atleast one hour. You can also use vinegar instead of water.
- After an hour remove all the boxes and clean stickers now we have got all clean transparent boxes.
- Now arrange 5 lead boxes together on floor with broader side lying on floor. I used Black non transparent ones for this. And I have placed the sticker side down (So cleaning step is reduced for 5 boxes thanks for my laziness 🙂 )
- Stick all those 5 boxes to make the base of the Pen stand. Note: Arrange the boxes so that alternative box caps face opposite sides.
- Now the base is ready next step is building the stand. [Forgive me ! I really couldn’t explain this step in words ]. I will try my best to explain if you couldn’t follow my words take help from the pictures.
- Take a pair of boxes arrange it on the edge of the base. Keep the boxes with thinner side facing the floor. Now place the next pair on top of these two in the opposite edge of the Base. Repeat it alternatively.
- Put a drop of feviquick in each joints to stick it in place until you are satisfied with it’s stability.
- This step is optional. Since this stand is little holey (really that’s a word) So to cover up the sides you can stick OHP sheets on four sides on the inside of the stand.
Voila ! Pen stand is ready. Put in your pens and adore your desk 🙂