Hello Buddies 🙂
I am back :). It’s the valentine season and everyone are busy preparing all kind of creative gifts for their valentine. Lately the valentine gift ideas are the talk of the town and I have been bumping into loads and loads of creative gifts everywhere. So I also decided to do a valentine craft. Guess what I made ! It isn’t anything big I made a simple and cute Heart shaped coaster for a Heart shaped Coffee mug 🙂 As usual I made this craft also with a recycled material – “Newspaper” . This newspaper coaster is sturdy, pretty, unique, handmade and its for free 🙂 !
Supplies Required :
- Old Newspapers
- Red Colour Paint (optional)
Thats it really !
- Cut the newspaper horizontally into 4 pieces so that you can make 4 strips with one page.
- Now fold the pieces to form thin strips of breadth 1 cm.
- Take one strip cut into half. This small bit of strip will make the inner heart
- Roll this half strip from both the ends until they meet at the centre.
- Stick Both the coils together such that they look like a small heart.This makes the centre heart.
- The tough part is over now you can coil the strips around the base heart tightly applying glue all the way to maintain the heart shape through out.
- You can also use a rubber band to maintain the depression of the heart shape
- Continue coiling until you are satisfied with the size and shape.
- Now to make it even sturdier and a little water proof apply a mixture of fevicol and water (1:2 ratio). This will help all the layers to stick together.
Thats it the coaster is ready 🙂 Adorable isn’t it ?