Hello Buddies 🙂
Apologies for the long-time-no-projects in the blog. Its been ages last I posted my project. Anyway will try to catch up 🙂
Yup I made this mobile for my nephew. He is fond of small things hanging around. So I thought of making one colourful mobile for him :). You could do this with any kind of colour paper/cardstock. Since I had some colourful junk mail papers i utilized them to make this.
- Cardstock (colours of choice)
- White Thread
- Craft knife
- Acrylic paint
- Small piece of Cotton
As usual i reused some supplies. I got a pretty coloured pamphlet and used it instead of colour paper. Mostly i decide to do a craft or the idea strikes my mind when the trash in my cupboard gets overloaded or if I see any prospective material which can be recycled 🙂 This project also has similar history. I saw these pamphlets and got this idea 🙂
This mobile is Rainfall themed so what all do we have to make ? Clouds, Raindrops, and of course an Umbrella 🙂
- First step is to make cloud. Cut out two cardstocks in the shape of clouds (preferable white coloured). This I have cut out from cereal boxes
- Then cut one slit in the middle of the cloud till u reach the centre. This slit should be made on both the cloud patterns one should have the slit on top another should have the slit on the bottom. (huh! I am complication better follow picture.)
- Actually to say simply make cuts in the two clouds such that they sit on top of each other perpendicularly. And all our rain drops will hang below these clouds. (Able to imagine ? 🙂 )
- Stick white paper on both sides of the cloud (This step can be skipped if your cloud is already white in colour.) The cloud can be left in white or else it can be painted like I have done with cotton and blue paint.
- Next step is to make rain drops. We will need 4 drop shaped pieces of cardstock to make one drop to give a 3D kind of effect.
- Fold each piece in half and attach to the adjacent pieces u can even use more than 4 pieces to get the 3D effect.
- Once u made enough drops hang them randomly below the cloud with thin white thread or fish lines
- I also added small gingles under the drops so they can make little sound whenever wind blows 🙂
- Oops ! I totally forgot the umbrella. that’s my favourite part in this mobile.
- The Umbrella is also made in similar manner as the raindrops, cut atleast 6 semicircular pieces and attach them in the same way we did for rain drops.
- Umbrella can be of any colour of your choice.
- Add a handle for the umbrella, this i did with a lolly pop stick.
- Now connect this umbrella below the rain drops with the thread.
Thats it Mobile is ready 🙂 Find a perfect spot and hang it off !