I am back again As the title suggests today’s post is a tutorial to make your own glass painting. Are you a person who likes paintings but haven’t tried one or don’t know how to do them ? Then today’s post is for YOU. Yes anyone can make a glass painting. Glass painting is one of the simplest painting method. No need of great painting or drawing skills, a little practice and patience is all you need (Of course you will need supplies ;))
You can own a gorgeous glass painting without breaking your wallet and that too a painting made by you isn’t it special ? In this post I will give you a simple step by step tutorial to make glass paintings. Me and my cousin Bro did this painting together it was a nice experience This was one of my favourite paintings. Ok Lets move on to the tutorial.
- Glass for painting ( any size of your choice)
- A design to be copied
- Glass paint (Water based)
- Glass Out-liner.
My Method :
- Get a glass of desired size from any glass shop.
- Choose a design You can either get a glass painting design book or download designs from internet.You will get loads of designs in the internet.
- Re size your design as per your need ( according to the size of your glass )
- Clean the glass surface before starting to paint.
- Place the glass on top of the design printout so that you can trace the design on the glass.
- Now secure the design printout and glass in place on a flat surface using painters tape or cellophane tape.
- Make sure this arrangement doesn’t move or shake until you finish your painting.
- Now trace the outlines of the design on the glass using glass outliner. Its like putting mehandi.
- Start from the top and proceed to the bottom of the design so that you won’t smudge the lines.Complete the design.
- Try to make continuous lines then it will look neat.
- Don’t worry if you make any mistakes you can wipe it with a cloth, For smaller curves where you can’t use cloth you can wipe with ear buds
- Once you complete the design outlining. Allow it to dry for 10 to 15 mins.
- After the outline is dry you can start filling colours inside the shapes.
- You can even mix up the colours or give single colours alone.
- When you are mixing colours mix it as soon as you pour it out before it dries.
- Avoid double coats. Once the paint is dry It will not mix with other colours.
- While pouring the colours avoid bubbles. If suppose you got bubbles break them with a needle or pin.
- Use small paint brush to paint smaller areas of the of the design.
- Once the design is completed allow it to dry for 30 to 40 mins.
- Now reverse the glass and frame it.
- You can place crushed silver foil behind the painting as background while framing it.
- Frame it ! Hang it ! Thats it Gorgeous glass painting ready.
Do you like these stuff ? Then Follow my blog to see more of these . You can find the follow button on the right side top corner of the page, take a moment to confirm subscription by checking the confirmation e-mail in your subscribed mail-ID. Also if you are in Facebook be kind to like my page here and support me.