Once upon a time people used to send wishes through greeting cards to friends and relatives for festivals and birthdays. Nowadays no one is patient enough to send them. Almost all our wishes are through phone calls and emails. But we would never get the same charm and happiness in the electronic cards. Receiving a special greeting will always amuse us. Isn’t it ? 🙂
How many of us still save the old greeting cards we received ? When we see those old greeting cards we will go back to those happy memories. Not always expensive gifts make people happy, the best ever gift till date is a simple greeting card with hand written wishes from our loved ones :).
Practically we can’t use a greeting card, that may not be a useful gift. But think of the moment you receive a card specially made for you ? The instant smile we get on our face thats a wonderful feeling 🙂 isn’t it ? When the shop bought greeting cards can bring us so much happiness think about the hand made cards specially made for you. Won’t it be very special ? Why don’t we give such happiness to our loved ones.
Try making simple greeting cards and present them along with gifts. More than how the card looks it is the time you have spent to make it, your involvement to give a handmade gift all these will amuse them and make them happy 🙂 Trust me no expensive gifts can make them feel so special and happy like a handmade gift 🙂 Thats the reason I always make handmade gifts.
The specialty about greeting cards is you can gift them for any occasion. You don’t even need an occasion/reason to give one. Simply send a card and share the love 🙂 I think I should stop now lets move on to the tutorial to make handmade greeting cards.
There is no rule or steps to make greeting cards. Anything you make will do. Today I will show you how I made these tiny little charms.These are the diwali cards I made for my buddy and cousins 🙂 I gave them along with diwali sweets that was a cute surprise for them 🙂 I felt so happy 🙂
Supplies Required :
- Card stock / Chart Paper
- OHP sheet
- Glass paints
- Glass outliner
- Glitter (optional)
- I made lamp shaped card so first I cut out the shapes in the chart sheet or cardstock. Normal chart may be flimsy. You can stick two charts back to back to make it sturdy. I used Old Invitation cards instead. Fold the chart draw the shape along the folding so that you get two sheets attached
- Cut out the same shape in OHP sheet. Leave a small extra flap at the folding end (left side) to stick it to the chart.
- Reverse the OHP sheet (the flap should be on your right side) and Trace/Draw the Diya design using glass out-liner. Start from the top and finish the design.
- Allow it to dry for 10 to 15 mins
- After the outline is dry start filling colours inside the shapes.
- While pouring the colours avoid bubbles. If suppose you got bubbles break them with a needle or pin.
- Add glitters for extra charm. After filling the colours let it dry for 20 to 30 mins.
- Reverse it and stick the extra flap to the back side of the greeting.( If you are not able to follow me look at the photos)
- Done ? Great ! you have made your first handmade card a wonderful gift feel proud ! 🙂
- Now Open it and fill your hand written wishes and present it to your loved ones 🙂
Mine looks little childish never mind 🙂 Trust me whatever you scribble they will like it because you have made it specially for them 🙂 Make your own cards and tell me how you liked it.
And last but not least this one I made for a friend of mine for her birthday. This is one of my favourite card 🙂
Do you like these stuff ? Then Follow my blog to see more of these . You can find the follow button on the right side top corner of the page, take a moment to confirm subscription by checking the confirmation e-mail in your subscribed mail-ID. Also if you are in Facebook be kind to like my page here and support me.