Hello buddies 🙂
One more tutorial on Glass painting 🙂 If you missed my previous glass painting tutorial check it out here Basic Glass painting tutorial. This time also I have used similar technic but with little variations. Ok lets move straight to the tutorial.
- Glass for painting (any size of your choice)
- A design to be copied
- Glass paint (Water based)
- Glass Out-liner (black)
- Gold outliner
- Gold 3D Liner
My Method :
- The procedure is same as the previous tutorial.
- Place the glass on top of the design printout and secure the design printout and glass in place on a flat surface using painters tape or cellophane tape.
- Then trace the outline with black glass outliner.
- Additionally for the design I have chosen I used Gold outliner and and 3D Gold glitter for the jewelry and few glitters on the dress part.
- 3D glitters are same as glitter powders but they are premixed with glue thats the difference.
- You can also sprinkle the glitter powder directly on glass colour when it is wet.The wet paint will act as a glue.
- Once the outline tracing and glittering is done let it dry for half and hour.
- Once it is dry fill the glass paint on it. All these are almost the same steps I did in my first tutorial.
- A new addition this time is I tried applying acrylic colours on glass.
- Yes I couldn’t get Skin colour and papaya orange in Glass paint so I tried acrylic colours and It worked 🙂
- I told you in my previous tutorial that don’t apply second coat once the paint is dry. But this time I myself tried it because I wanted the dress folds in the design to look darker So I applied second coat along the folding parts
- It didn’t look good initially But once completed I realised it was actually not a bad idea to give second coats 🙂 From long distance I got the effect I expected 🙂
- And once completed filling colours let it dry for 30 to 40 mins
- Once dry reverse the glass and Frame it.
- This time I didn’t add crushed silver foil behind the design instead I added a simple blue chart. Because I wanted the design to dominate and the glittery details to be seen clearly.
- Frame it ! Hang it ! 🙂 How do you like it ?
Do you like these stuff ? Then Follow my blog to see more of these . You can find the follow button on the right side top corner of the page, take a moment to confirm subscription by checking the confirmation e-mail in your subscribed mail-ID. Also if you are in Facebook be kind to like my page here and support me.