Hello Buddies 🙂
I made a couple of recycled junk mail crafts which are pretty and purposeful. I wanted to share them with you. I am sure all of us are getting unnecessary junk mails and we didn’t know what to do with them. Always the same snowflakes and Here is a fun way to re-purpose them.
Two things I made with them One is a BOX with a Lid and another a small BASKET. Actually I was inspired by this newspaper basket made by Jeffery and wanted to make it based on that I made this tiny Box with junk mail instead of newspapers because Junk mails are colourful as well .I also made a spiral Basket is the same way we make newspaper coasters Like I made the heart coasters. But this one needs more Patience Seriously ! I decided not to make one more of this. But I like them both mainly because they are recycled cute and purposeful !
Supplies You will need :
- Junk Mails
- Patience (Really!)
How to make it :
- I folded the Junk mails into small strips. I actually used two colours of junk mails mainly Blue and white
- I used them alternatively. Prepare of lot of strips Before we actually make the craft
- To make the BOX weave the Blue and white strips alternatively for making the base
- Once the base is ready Fold the ends vertically and weave the strips on the vertical side to form the walls. Same way I made the Lid as well and small spiral and stuck on top of the lid for handle
- For complete tutorial check it out here
- To make the BASKET same way stick the small strips continuously in round shape.
- Once you reach a desired size push in the middle of the spiral to form a basket shape.
- Now apply a mixture of fevicol and water mixture in the ratio 1:2 part.
- This is for keeping the shape fixed and for little water proof.
- Thats it ! Pretty Basket and Box ready Use them to store your tiny treasures 🙂
- I use them to keep my tiny clips and Pins.
Do you like these stuff ? Then Follow my blog to see more of these . You can find the follow button on the right side top corner of the page, take a moment to confirm subscription by checking the confirmation e-mail in your subscribed mail-ID. Also if you are in Facebook be kind to like my page here and support me