Its been a very long time since I made a jewellery. Lets catch up again. The easiest and ever pretty design is the jumkhees. May be because of its elegance or because of the traditional design I am more attracted to the Jumkhee designs than any other design. This weeks jewellery is a simple yet beautiful Pink and pearl combination Jumkhee.An adorable one it will make a pretty gift as well
Having a pretty neat table, all my requirements on it A Computer in the middle a pen stand, phone stand, small succulent plant, cute keepsakes tiny photo frame having all this is my favourite wish to top all this I wanted most of them handmade. Since I am used to making handmade gifts to friends and family. I planned to make these things all by myself and I am halfway done
An amazing beautiful piece of art. I was impressed and so much happy and you know what ! Its completely handmade. I wanted to share it with all of you. He has even taken step by step photos ( My craft buddy is so adoringly creative)
Check out the design so beautiful such perfection ( The engineer in him claims for the perfect proportionate design ) so adorable. The choice of colours, the pretty floral pattern added as embellishment he has cut and pasted every piece separately such patience it takes. Such a worthy and most creative gift that made me go to clouds. Here we go
My dad was getting retired I didn’t plan any gift At the last moment I decided to give him a simple gift. But I wasn’t inclined to buying a gift that is not my style and It doesn’t give the happiness of handmade gift. So the simplest handmade gift to make at the last moment is a personalised greeting card. I usally add a memorable coto inside every greeting card I make that is the trick. A photo makes is personalised take us back to the memory and make us happy and we will love the card no matter how is it !🙂 So now shall we move to the real part of making the handmade greeting card. I used water colours my favourite painting technique added a few embelishments. Made it a little quirky. My dad loved it he was happy to recieve it as gift🙂
Supplies Required :
• Card Stock
• Decorative floral paper
• Water colour
• Craft Glue
• Black Pen
My method :
1. I chose to make a square card so I Folded a cardstock in the shape of a square card
2. This forms the base of our card
3. Next step is to paint that additional embelishment. Actually I painted that flower pattern as a bookmark then as an after thought I added it as an embellishment in this card4. Once the water colour design is painted we are ready to assemble the card
5. First I stuck the Floral pattern on the left side of the card
6. Then the water colour emblishment was placed at the joint of the floral pattern and the cradstock overlapping both
7. Next is to cover the left out empty space in the card stock (the right side)
8. I used water colours to fill it up I used aqua blue and pink and blended them in between with wet on wet technique I allowed both colours to merge
9. Then I added a few texture patternss in the pink portion (Have a closer look you will find them ). I was just playing around
10. I added a smaller piece of floral design and card stock on the right side portion to write down the retirement date
11. As a final touch I added a few wordings for happy retirement wishes
12. Voila my pretty simple handmade “HAPPY RETIREMENT” card is ready
13. I made it for my Dad and he loved it ! Inside I wrote a personal wish and stuck a few memorable photos🙂 Photos are really a pretty addition to any greeting card . Anyone will love to look back on the memorable pictures
How are you doing its been a loooooooong time I have posted something here. Sorry for leaving my space unattended and keeping you all waiting. I have been held up with some exams and couldn’t post anything here. I almost forgot “Happy Ramzan” to all my Muslim buddies🙂 Wishes and Apologies done now shall we move on to what I have in store for you. I wasn’t posting anything lately but I have been making few crafts now and then to keep me sane😉. So this week lets start with a lighter and easier post.
In school every child might have used a colour pencil. It might have been our fancy to colour every colouring page given by our craft teacher. We get fascinated by the crayons and colour pencils when we were young. As we grew up we moved to better colouring means like paint water colour and many more. We have left behind the colour pencils and thought they were for kids and we think we have out grown it.
Its never a sin to go back to your childhood and relive those happiness. It makes us feeling good. Same way I thought of doing a colour pencil drawing in memory of my childhood colouring books. But this time the colouring was a bit matured🙂. Its not a bad idea anyway It turned out to be a pretty nice drawing. Let me show you how I made one !
Supplies Required :
- Card Stock
- Colour Pencil
- Ordinary drawing pencil
My Method :
- Since we are grown up now we will draw our own drawing instead of the colouring books
- So the first step is to trace the design in a simple pencil outline drawing
- Once the design is complete slightly rub it with eraser It should be seen but not so prominent
- Now start colouring with the colour pencils
- I used only two colours. SInce mine is a floral design, Green for leaves and Pink for the flowers thats it I meant it to be simple
- First Green outline to the stem and leaves draw with little pressure
- Then colour the insides of the outline without pressure ever so lightly
- Next is the flower I drew the outlines darker and made few places opaque with thick colour
- Then the left out part inside the flower was coloured pink but lighter like we did in the leaves
- We are almost done.Now I made it a little darker here and there few finishing touches and I am amazed by my pretty drawing myself.
- Really a good drawing with such simple tools
- Go grab your set of colour pencils and make your pencil drawings in colour🙂
- Have fun and do share your beautiful drawings
Watercolours is one of my most favourite painting colours. Every one of us must have used it from our childhood. We have been familiar with those colours but we never could easily predict the outcome🙂. That’s the interesting part of water colours they behave in their own way.
I haven’t done much of paintings but have done a few greeting cards and bookmarks with water colours. So I decided to do a simple painting with water colours along with my nephew who has come home for school annual holidays. And I have to admit it was lot more fun than we expected and there was more learning for both of us. Here we go with the two paintings we both made.
This one I painted I loved the way the colours merged with each other
This one I helped my nephew to paint he is one creative kid ! What a lovely creation isn’t it. It was fun with him
Making bookmarks was one of my favourite craft. I have made many different bookmark. I I almost had an obsession for making bookmarks. My buddy got inspired by me and he tried making a few bookmarks using chart paper and water colour. They are for kids, comic book since they look a little kiddish any kid will love to keep it between their comic book pages. The creative idea was making book marks in the shape of objects like bat, feather etc. It looks pretty cute idea isn’t it ? I personally kept all these bookmarks. Here we go a round up on his creativity
This week’s earrings is made out of quilling paper and wooden beads. This one is little different from the regular earrings I make. But its such a simple piece of cake anyone could just make it in seconds.But It looks stylishSupplies required:
- Quilling paper (Black Colour)
- Head pins
- Ear hooks
- PInk and blue wooden Beads
- Quilling Needle
- Wire cutter
- Roll a black paper into a tight circle make four of them
- Take a head pin Insert beads and paper roll in this order Blue bead- Black paper-Pink Bead-Black Paper-Blue bead
- Now form a loop above this top blue bead and cut the excess wire
- Connect the ear hooks to the loop
- Thats it ! Simple isn’t it ?
- Apply varnish on the earring with a small paint brush. This is to make your earring resistant to water.
- Thats it pretty paper jewelry ready🙂
- Make your own jewelry and adore yourself🙂
Do you like these stuff ? Then Follow my blog to see more of these . You can find the follow button on the right side top corner of the page, take a moment to confirm subscription by checking the confirmation e-mail in your subscribed mail-ID. Also if you are in Facebook be kind to like my page here and support me